A cafe where you only pay for the time you spend there - everything else is included!
Anticafé works because it addresses 5 real needs of entrepreneurs and small business owners:
- A Starbucks environment, which also offers meeting facilities
- A personal and friendly place, where customers have access to WiFi and other services
- Somewhere that customers will not be lonely!
- Co-working opportunities, but with no ongoing commitment
- Superior to a library where internet is often slow, and silence rules!
«What I love about Anticafé is the fact that we share the same space
and, if you’re a bit curious, you can reach out to others and start
— Didier, organizer of playful parties
Anticafé provides a third place for freelancers and start-up businesses.
At an Anticafé, customers can enjoy:
- A welcoming atmosphere. Calm and cozy. Punchy visuals.
- Tasty, innovative and ecologically conscious food, and original beverages
- Diversity. Tolerance, humor and off-beat humor. Optimism. Energy.
- A friendly welcome. Customers are pampered; a culture of meeting and
Interaction between customers is encouraged by:
- Anticafé spaces are welcoming and people are close to each other and often share their table or their belongings
- Many events are designed to foster interaction and encounters with new people (slow-networking, co-learning, shared art evenings…)
- In traditional cafés, there are no real surprises: you meet entrepreneurs in
co-working places and students at the university. By contrast, Anticafé
gives you the opportunity to meet all kinds of people and facilitates ‘unlikely’ encounters!
- Anti-baristas are also facilitators
- Two experiments are being tested currently:
i) Meeting points within cafés to enable people to
gather (especially to talk)
ii) A HUB (via the Twitter platform) to tag people who share space in the cafés.
The business model is based on customers paying for the time they spend in the café – and it works! With a growing number of locations (currently 7 in France and Italy), network awareness is growing and so too demand for the services provided by Anticafé.
Find out how you can own a single location, multi-locations or become the UK Master Franchisee, by following the link below.Region: Western Europe
Sector: Food and Drink, Restaurants, Retail